Putting a Green and Lean Program To Work for You
By using these products for your breakrooms, restrooms and recycling programs, you will be on your way to "going green" in your workplace.
They will help you make a significant impact without significant cost or inconvenience to you or your fellow employees.
We want to be responsible citizens of the Earth.
We should always be thinking about how our lifestyles, both at home and the office, will effect the environment.
By doing this, we can help to ensure that our planet will always have clean air to breathe, an abundance of trees and wildlife, and clean water to drink.
Remember, we always want to look to the future, because that's where we're going to spend the rest of our life.
Contact us for further information and assistance in developing an effective "Green and Lean" program.
Cartridge Recycling Facts
- The plastic in each cartridge never decomposes.
- 5 ounces of oil are used for every inkjet cartridge produced.
- 3 1/2 quarts of oil are used for every laser cartridge produced.
- Approximately 90% of these printing cartridges are recyclable but only 20% are being recycled.
- Excess ink and toner can filter into our water supply.
- According to recent federal reports, 53.7 million homes have computers; many of those homes have printers. Families toss out, on average, 3 to 4 inkjet cartridges per year. There are literally millions of these thrown away on a daily basis, and that's not including the cartridges from small businesses and large corporations.
- 1.5 million cartridges go into landfills each month.
- 95% of all inket cartridges are thrown away. That's more than 1,000,000 a day - 5,000 tons of plastic and metal tossed into landfills every month.
You can also participate in our "green" effort by using recycled products. PDME is proud to provide recycled items. Give us a call and we'll be more than happy to help you find a green-alternative.