Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program
At PDME, we're committed to maintaining a diverse environment that is reflective of a diverse marketplace that will add value. We hire, retain and develop the best employees so that we may provide our clients with the superior customer service that our customers depend upon. We actively search for the best candidates to meet our goals which ultimately is to meet your goals. We provide mentoring and development programs to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to build the best career possible. And we are committed to having fun.
We work closely with our suppliers and vendors, including certified minority-owned, women-owned, disabled and disadvantaged business enterprises, to provide us with goods and services. We mentor disadvantaged businesses to help them further develop into successful enterprises.
PDME is active in our local community to support and promote minority owned businesses through the local minority council and as well as the Chamber of Commerce.
A "Historically Underutilized Business"...
- is at least 51% owned by an Asian Pacific American, Black American, Hispanic American, Native American and/or American woman
- is a for-profit entity that has not exceeded the size standards prescribed by 34 TAC §20.23, and has its principal place of business in Texas
- has an owner residing in Texas with a proportionate interest that actively participates in the control, operations and management of the entity's affairs
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
A Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) is a term which is defined as a business which is at least 51% owned, operated and controlled on a daily basis by one or more (in combination) American citizens of the following ethnic minority classifications:
MBE's can be self identified, but are typically certified by a city, state or federal agency. The predominant certifier for minority businesses is the National Minority Supplier Development Council with its 35-40 regional affiliates.
- African American
- Asian American (includes West Asian Americans (India etc.) and East Asian Americans (Japan Korea etc.))
- Hispanic American - not of the Iberian Peninsula.
- Native American including Aleuts
Southwest Minority Supplier Development Council
To review our HUB and MBE certifications, please click here.